Gulfi - Etna Roso "Reseca" 2015 Ml. 750
Our objective is to preserve our land so as to pass on what our forefathers left us: over 2000 years of history, culture and hard work so that we can handover to our sons and daughters an integral land, that is immense in its beauty and richness.
Naturalness is the principle that has always guided our work. This is the same naturalness that distinguishes our wines, which are the fruit of traditional and bioorganic winegrowing and non-invasive vinification.
The purest essence of Sicilian winemaking: the alberello (small tree vine). This is the only form of vine cultivation that allows in such an extreme climate - to obtain highly refined and complex wines; that perfectly integrates itself with the natural environment; and that does not need invasive chemical inputs or irrigation. An alberello vineyard is difficult to manage since its cultivation is entirely manual. But this is where the journey in our land begins.
Our wines come from old vines in the most ancient and well-known districts of Pachino and
Val di Noto: Maccari, Bufaleffi, Baroni and San Lorenzo. Here is where our crus are born: Neromaccarj, Nerobufaleffj, Nerobaronj and Nerosanlorè, all of which are authentic expressions of the territory that they originate from.
Who has never dreamt of cultivating a vine suspended in the sky?
Our Reseca comes from a small and ancient Nerello Mascalese in the Poggio single vineyard in Randazzo, at 850 metres above sea-level. It is made exclusively from wines cultivated in alberello (small tree) style, that scramble along the Etnean mountain on black terraces of lavic earth and that sink their roots in the primordial soil of Europe's tallest volcano: Etna
- Etna Rosso DOC, Sicilia IGT
- Ml. 750
- Ageing and Fining
- Intense ruby red with light garnet
- Mineral, subtle and volcanic, with scents of cherries, small wild berries, mediterranena scrub, citrus zest, ash and toasted spices
- Floral, Fruity
- Intense, elegant and structured, very fresh and savory, with solid smooth tannins and a long smoky persistence
- Serving temperature
- 16°-18° C.
- Nerello Mascalese
- Blend description
- Nerello Mascalese, Nerello Cappuccio
- Contains sulfites
- Game, Grilled meat, Ham , Pasta, Red meat, Rice with mushrooms, Roasted red meat, Starters, White meat
- Ideal with
- Earthfood Starters, Meat Red, Meat White, Pasta Meat, Pasta With Vegetables
You might also like